ISO represents International Organization for Standardization. ISO in Greek means “Equal”. ISO has a network institutes in 157 countries. It’s Central Secretariat is in Geneva (Switzerland). It was established on February 23, 1947.
ISO is a non-governmental organization. It deals with the worlds largest developer of International standards. It acts has a bridge between public and private sector.
ISO has published 22306 International Standards and related documents. It covers
almost every industry, from technology to food safety, to agriculture and
The most common standards are given below.
ISO 9001, ISO 10002, ISO 10006, ISO 10007, ISO 13485, ISO 14001, ISO 14298, TS16949, ISO 17020, ISO 17025, OHSAS 18001, ISO 22000, ISO 22301, ISO 27001, ISO 29990, ISO 45001, ISO 50001.
In short ISO can be said as a series of frameworks or standards that help you run your business efficiently. ISO certification is proof from a third party, which proves your organisation is working on international standards. ISO gives higher credibility to your organisation.
IMPORTANCE OF ISO
ISO certification is very important. It helps your business to be recognized from domestic to International markets. It helps your business to be more productive.
There are many benefits for ISO certification, they are as follows.
- Proper standards are maintained – All the process of the organizations are
evaluated, and particular standards are maintained in organization. This
certification helps to build trust in our company product and services
- Recommendation of Solutions – If there is any problems in the functioning of the business, it is studied properly and solutions are recommended. Implementation of the solutions helps the business to work in more efficient manner.
- Improved Participation of employees – Employees are given the opportunity to
improve their work. They help the existing employees to do the work in more
- Customer satisfaction is at the peak – Customer satisfaction is one of the key
factors of business. If customers are not happy, the sale of products will decrease. Increasing the quality of the products and services, helps to improve customer
- New employees trainning – New employees are trained in a standard way. This helps them to do the work, keeping in mind the rules and regulations of the
- Improved Overall communication – The overall communication is improved. The misunderstanding caused by lack of proper standard can be reduced. This will result in handling the product and services in much better way.
- Perception of your company – Brand awareness of the organization can be
improved. This will result in improving the business. This will open, new doors of business to the organization.
- Improved understanding of customer and suppliers needs – The needs of
customers and suppliers can be met by improving the quality of product and
services. Better understanding of the suppliers and customers are necessary for running the business more efficiently.