OHSAS 18001 is an internationally applied British Standard for occupational health and safety management systems (OHSMS). This standard establishes requirements for an organization to control its work-related health and safety hazards and improve their performance, by planning, documenting and implementing a verifiable method for reducing and eliminating hazards in the workplace. The benefits of OHSAS 18001 can help your organization improve health and safety.
The advantages of implementing OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Standard are:
- Reduction of work incidents
- Compliance with work safety regulations
- Prevention of ill health or work injuries
- Improvement of business credibility and brand image
- Improved feed-back from national and international market
- Increased access to public tenders
- Improved relationships with local and national institutions
- Reduction of controls and facilities in obtaining administrative authorizations
- Demonstration of a reasonable awareness
- Meeting investor requirements by facilitating access to capital
- Attainment of more competitive insurance policies
- Improved staff relationships
This standard is compatible with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 mangement systems standards, making it easy to integrate it with existing management systems, thus contributing to the improvement of an organization’s overall business performances.
Any organization that wants to
- Establish a standardized system to eliminate potential risks and accidents to employees at the work place, as described by the OH&S Certification.
- Consistently implement and improve the Certification policies
- Compliance with legal requirements
can apply for the certification.
Why Exsolution group?
Exsolution have industry experts who overseen the conception and the implementation of the perfect safety mechanisms that will stand the test of time. Their expertise has provided several companies with exceptional OHS which have been audited and certified with the OHSAS 18001 Certification in the very first attempt. Exemplary safety systems have resulted in enormous benefits for the companies who have been given the certification.