ISO/IEC 17025, General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories, is the international reference for testing and calibration laboratories wanting to demonstrate their capacity to deliver reliable results.
Who is ISO/IEC 17025 for?
ISO/IEC 17025 is useful for any organisation that performs testing, sampling or calibration and wants reliable results. This includes all types of laboratories, whether they be owned and operated by government, industry or, in fact, any other organization. The standard is also useful to universities, research centers, governments, regulators, inspection bodies, product certification organizations and other conformity assessment bodies with the need to do testing, sampling or calibration.
Why was it revised?
The last version of ISO/IEC 17025 was published in 2005 and since then, market conditions and technology have changed. The new version covers technical changes, vocabulary and developments in IT techniques. It also takes into consideration the latest version of ISO 9001.
What are the key changes?
- ISO/IEC 17205 takes into consideration the new ways of working laboratories today. The most substantive changes are as follows:
- The scope has been revised to cover all laboratories activities, including testing, calibration and the sampling associated with subsequent calibration and testing.
- A new structure has been adopted to align the standard with the other existing ISO/IEC conformity assessment standards such as the ISO/IEC 17000 series on conformity assessment.
- The process approach now matches that of newer standards such as ISO 9001 (quality management), ISO 15189 (quality of medical laboratories) and the ISO/IEC 17000 series (standards for conformity assessment activities), putting the emphasis on the results of a process instead of the detailed description of its tasks and steps.
- The standard has a stronger focus on information technologies. In recognition of the fact that hard copy manuals, records and reports are slowly being phased out in favour of electronic versions, it incorporates the use of computer systems, electronic records and the production of electronic results and reports.
- A new section has been added introducing the concept of risk-based thinking and describes the commonalities with the new version of ISO 9001:2015, Quality management systems – Requirements.
Why choose exsolution group to ISO 17025 Accreditation?
Exsolution Group is one of the leading players in the Consulting Industry in the United Arab Emirates and GCC
We focus on policy structuring, planning, implementation, operational standards, improvement and management reviews as well as other tasks related to international standards and benchmarks, not only offering valuable insights and support to those who aim to obtain ISO certification, but also to those businesses who strive to maintain their status and excellence standards.
We have been operating for quite sometime, and this has allowed us to obtain tremendous experience during our years of existence. Our consultants are well versed in all the ISO Standards and will provide you with all aspects of the process.
For more details please click www.exsolutiongroup.com