ISO 27001 – Information Security Management System
The ISO 27001 Information Security Management Standard makes it possible for you to protect all the confidential information inside of your smartphones and your computers. The best protection mechanism for the information age, the ISO 27001 has created the fundamental framework which has led many organisations to flourish without ever having to worry about their precious data being stolen.
What is an ISO 27001?
The ISO 27001 Standard gives an organisations standards for creating the perfect information security management system. All types of confidential information can come under the purview of the ISO 27001 Certification such as financial information,intellectual property, employee information or third party information. The information security management system will make it possible for you to create an impenetrable security system that will protect your employees’ as well as your company’s private information.
There are several processes that need to be implemented inside the organisation. These are the necessary pre-requisite improvements or objectives that need to exist in compliance with the principles inside the ISO 27001 ISM Standard and will impact the several business processes inside the organisations. These steps are:
- Definition of a security policy
- Definition of the scope of ISMS
- Conducting Risk Assessment
- Evaluating Identified Risks
- Creating Controls and specifying objectives
- Preparing Statement of Applicability
ISO 27001 helps the organization to:
- Analyze risks related to information security
- Define specific and optimal security goals (the standard requires a company to specify its own security goals which an auditor verifies)
- Define defined and documented methods which all activities should follow
- Document all risks, goals, and methods
- Implement measures to migrate and manage risks
- Assign accountability for risk management
- Measure information security
- Embed continuous improvement approach
Exsolution consultants are experts in assessing the pre-installed ISMS of an organisation.