What is ISO 27001?
ISO 27001 (formally known as ISO/IEC 27001:2005) is a specification for an information security management system (ISMS). An ISMS is a framework of policies and procedures that includes all legal, physical and technical controls involved in an organisation’s information risk management processes.
There are several processes that need to be implemented inside the organisation. These are the necessary pre-requisite improvements or objectives that need to exist
in compliance with the principles inside the ISO 27001 ISM Standard and will impact the several business processes inside the organisations. These steps are:
- Definition of a security policy
- Definition of the scope of ISMS
- Conducting Risk Assessment
- Evaluating Identified Risks
- Creating Controls and specifying objectives
- Preparing Statement of Applicability
Why ISO 27001 – Information Security Management System Certification?
- makes information flow within a company secure and effective
- ensures information is available on time
- prevents loss, abuse and unauthorised modification of information
- ensures information is only accessible to authorised persons
- ensures personal data protection and compliance with legal requirements, i.e. Personal data protection act, copyright requirements, Commercial Code, non-compete agreements in contractual law etc.
Benefits of ISO 27001 Certification
- Information Sealed Tight and Accessible to only select individuals
- More staff morale and productivity as security will provide a conducive atmosphere.
- You can gain stakeholder and customer trust by demonstrating compliance.
- The ISO 27001 Certification ensures that your suppliers are satisfied
- It will increase your reputation and create a positive image.
Exsolution consultants are experts in assessing the pre-installed ISMS of an organisation and will be able to conceive, according to the resources that your company has, an effective ISMS that will give you the biggest chance for the successful completion of an ISO 27001 Audit. Their expertise is the result of working in the industry for years and the experience gained from it.