ISO 22000 is a Food Safety Management System that can be applied to any organization in the food chain, farm to fork. Becoming certified to ISO 22000 allows a company to show their customers that they have a food safety management system in place. This provides customer confidence in the product. This is becoming more and more important as customers demand safe food and food processors require that ingredients obtained from their supplies to be safe.
ISO 22000:2018 ensures an organization meets the following requirements:
- Planning, implementing, operating maintaining and updating an appropriate food safety management system that makes food safe for the consumer
- Consumer requirements are evaluated, assessed and demonstrated through conformity with the appropriate requirements
- Food safety issues are effectively communicated to suppliers, customers and other relevant interested parties in the food chain
- Conformity with its own stated food safety policy
Showing compliance to the requirements of ISO 22000:2018 can be accomplished through the use of internal and/or external resources.
The application of ISO 2000:2018 is voluntary, but it brings with it a number of advantages. Here they are:
- communicates consumer confidence: this is possible because it can be demonstrated that the food production has followed a safety protocol;
- the consequence of the first point is as follows: it can be demonstrated that all procedures relating to food safety have been adopted;
- improves the processes’ efficiency;
- reduces waste and recalled products;
- improve relations with food safety authorities.
Exsolution as ISO Consultants for the ISO 22000 FMS will be bringing into the table years of experience, and will device comprehensive strategies to imbue your organisation with the complete skill set, and also for bringing it up to speed so as to comply with all the HACCP Principles and the Food Safety Management System standards.