ISO/IEC 17025:2017 is the international standards laid down for testing and calibration laboratories. It specifies the set of specifications given for carrying out tests including types of sampling. It covers all the methods of calibration – standard, non-standard and laboratory developed techniques. It provides ample guidance to laboratory operators and owners on the various aspects in a laboratory for better operation.
ISO 17025 is all laboratories involved in testing and calibrations or involved in product certified regardless of the number of people involved. If the laboratory is not involved in one of the process, for example in product certification or calibration, then that particular section does not apply for that laboratory.
What are the benefits associated with ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation?
ISO/IEC 17025 is an international standard for continuous improvement and self-correction. A laboratory that complies with ISO/IEC 17025 benefits in the following ways:
It enhances the reliability of test results generated by the laboratory
It can establish technical competency in the event of a speculation and/or legitimacy issues
The efficiency of the laboratories increases, customer complaints are reduced, the laboratory gains a strong competitive edge, and the operational expenditure is reduced
The regulation facilities traceability of measurements and calibrations to optimum standards, establishes technical competency of staff, maintains a record of test equipment, ensures the accuracy of test results, validity and correctness of test and calibration methods, appropriate handling and movement of test items, and the quality of the testing environment and sampling
How does ISO 17025 help organisation?
- Better Corporate image for the laboratory
- Strong quality control of laboratory operations
- Fewer re-analyses of samples
- Reduction in operating costs
- Clear definition of roles, responsibilities, and authority
- Validation of traceability
- Provide excellent third-party recognition to your customers
- Competitive advantage toward your competitors
- Reduced customer complaint
- Audit and assessment activity by laboratory customers can be reduced through third party recognition
- Potential increase in business due to enhanced customer satisfaction
- Meeting applicable compliance obligations
- Transition of previous management system to ISO/IEC 17025:2017
Exsolution Group is one of the leading players in the Consulting Industry in the United Arab Emirates and GCC
We focus on policy structuring, planning, implementation, operational standards, improvement and management reviews as well as other tasks related to international standards and benchmarks, not only offering valuable insights and support to those who aim to obtain ISO certification, but also to those businesses who strive to maintain their status and excellence standards.