ISO 14001 specifies the requirements for an environmental management system that an organization can use to enhance its environmental performance. ISO 14001 is intended for use by an organization seeking to manage its environmental responsibilities in a systematic manner that contributes to the environmental pillar of sustainability.
ISO 14001 helps an organization achieve the intended outcomes of its environmental management system, which provide value for the environment, the organization itself and interested parties. ISO 14001:2015 is applicable to any organization regardless of size, type and nature, and applies to the environmental aspects of its activities, products and services that the organization determine it can either control or influence considering a life cycle perspective.
What is an Environmental Management System (EMS)?
An Environmental Management System (“EMS”) is a tool that is continuously growing in importance for companies. Most companies need to manage their products/services, employee safety, public opinion environmental impact and other related opportunities. An EMS encompasses the methods and means to manage all these aspects within your organization and helps you run and document its programs for environment-related management. If you want to become certified to ISO 14001:2015
What are the benefits in accomplishing EMS 14001 certification?
- Demonstrates compliance in accordance with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Ensures more involvement of leaders and employees engagement
- Increases reputation of company and wins the confidence of stakeholders by means of strategic communication
- Enables in attaining strategic business through incorporating environmental issues in business management
- Increases efficiency and reduces costs thereby helps in gaining competitive and financial advantage
- Ensures increase in environmental performance of suppliers as gets integrated into business systems of the organization
What are all the Guide lines for getting EMS 14001 Certification?
- Develop environment policy and communicate the same
- Review environmental aspects
- Assess legal requirements and monitor compliance
- Set targets and objectives and develop the programs to achieve them
- Identify training needs and implement a strategy for achieving them
- Complete an internal audit
- Review management of the EMS and environmental performance of the organization.
How does Exsolution Group help in getting EMS 14001 Certification?
- Develop environmental policy
- Identify the environmental aspects created by the business and assess the impacts and look at ways to reduce them.
- Identify environmental legal and related requirements
- Develop objectives, targets, and plan management programs to achieve them.
- Define roles and responsibilities of all within the organization.
- Develop competence and training awareness program
- Develop communication processes for all stakeholders
- Create documentation as required by ISO 14001
- Develop document control and operational control procedures
- Develop emergency preparedness and respond procedures
- Develop procedure for monitoring and measuring
- Develop a procedure for evaluation of compliance
- Conduct internal ISO 14001 audits
For more details please click www.exsolutiongroup.com