ISO 14001:2005 helps an organization achieve the intended outcomes of its environmental management system, which provide value for the environment, the organization itself and interested parties. Consistent with the organization’s environmental policy, the intended outcomes of an environmental management system include:
- enhancement of environmental performance;
- fulfilment of compliance obligations;
- achievement of environmental objectives.
What is an ISO 14001 Environmental Management System?
The ISO 14001 is a standard developed by the International Organisation for Standardization so as to give corporations and other organisations a system – the Environmental Management System that will enable them to produce their commodities and dispense of their services without harming the environment in the process. What the ISO 14001 EMS does is that it will create a framework that is adhering to the several demands of the customers to be more eco-friendly and meet the legal regulatory requirements all the while producing grade quality products.
ISO 14001 requires ongoing top management support and implementation at all levels. Total commitment to certification can provide the following opportunities:
- Better liability management and reduction of remediation costs
- Reduced operating costs due to waste reduction and improved efficiency
- Increased opportunities for business in the global market place
- Enhanced corporate image and marketing capabilities
- Better ability to meet public environmental expectations
- Improved environmental compliance and reduced governmental compliance inspections
- Higher customer satisfaction
- Greater motivation of employees
- More accurate risk assessment
Exsolution consultants have had years of experience in guiding several organisation in their efforts to get an ISO 14001 Certification, and have demonstrated their ingenuity in making any organisation, in spite of the context, to revamp the business processes to conform to the highest standards, and consequentially acquire an ISO 14001 EMS Certification with relative ease.