There are three technical terms which are related to Safety and Security. HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) certification has become essential for any industry. OSHA 18001 deals with safety management systems while NEBOSH deals with all aspect of HSE including HSEMS (Health and safety management systems). NEBOSH is a UK-based independent examination board delivering vocational qualifications in health, safety & environmental practice and management. NEBOSH IGC is a globally recognized qualification in Health Safety and Environment.
What is OHSAS 18001?
OHSAS 18001 is the international standard for an occupational health and safety management system (OHSAS). It has been developed in response to industry demand for a recognizable health and safety management system standard which can be externally assessed and certified. One of its major strengths is its wide appeal for any organization irrespective of size, sector or geographical location.
Why is OHSAS 18001 important for your business?
Organizations of all kinds are increasingly concerned about achieving and demonstrating sound Occupational Health and Safety performance to their shareholders, employees, clients and other stakeholders by managing the hazards and improving the beneficial effects of their activities, products and services. Increasingly, stringent legislation, the development of economic policies, human resources management and other measures are used to foster Occupational Health and Safety protection and welfare. A general growth of concern from stakeholders and other interested parties suggests a clear commitment to Occupational Health and Safety is required.
The implementation of an effective health and safety management system helps to drive improvements, and streamlines internal processes thereby helping organizations to become more efficient and meet business goals and objectives. OHSAS 18001 certification demonstrates to your stakeholders that you’re confident in your organization’s ability to meet health and safety legislation requirements.
- Internationally agreed and recognized practices for health and safety management. A model for continual and systematic improvements in health and safety.
- Increased employee engagement and brand reputation through your commitment to implementing, maintaining and improving a health and safety policy.
- Improve efficiency and consequently reduce accident and production time loss
Increase control and reduction of hazards through the setting of objectives, targets and evolved responsibility
- Demonstrate your commitment to the protection of staff, property and plant
- Demonstrate legal compliance
- Increase your reputation for safety and occupational health
- Reduce insurance premiums – Is an integral part of a sustainability strategy
- Encourage more effective internal and external communication
OHSAS 18001 with Exsolutiongroup
Exsolutiongroup’s unique assessment methodology ensures our assessments focus on the areas and issues that are important to company business. Our assessors are industry specialists matched with your business needs, enabling an effective and robust assessment of your system. Exsolutiongroup provides OHSAS 18001 certification services as well as a range of health and safety training courses, leading to:
- Improved risk management: The management of health and safety becoming more transparent and effective by translating the outputs of our audits into actions for your organization.
- Compliance with legislation: Provides a means for identifying existing legislation and other relevant requirements helping you stay within the law.
- Stakeholder confidence: Increased credibility from having an OHSAS management system independently assessed.