This standard was created to ensure that there is safety in all the industries who are involved in the production and distribution of food. Organization for standardization has created ISO 22000 FMS for improving food quality and the environment.
WHAT IS AN ISO 22000 FOOD SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM?
HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) is integral part of the standard, It is an internationally recognized system that has conceived several points for ensuring that the production process occurs with proper safety measures.
Principles of HACCP
- Conducting a Hazard Analysis
- Identify the Critical Points
- Establishing a Limit
- Establishing a Criteria
- Establishing Monitoring Procedures
- Establish Corrective Actions
- Establish Record Keeping Procedures
- Establish Verification Process.
Benefits of ISO 22000 Food Safety Management System
- Consistent Products
- Cost Efficient
- Stakeholder Confidence
- Innovation in Process
- Continuous Improvement