Since Middle is the hub of all business activities any successful business group would dream of having a hold in the Middle East. Since Dubai is an investment friendly country, the process of business registration is not so complicated, like in other countries.
1. Select a local sponsor, a UAE national for local business startup
- You need to have a local sponsor, who is a UAE national. You need to have a locally registered LLC business.
- A UAE national must be taken as a 51% partner who is called a local ‘sponsor’.
- A local company provides the freedom to locate the business anywhere in the city.
- A sponsor must be paid a yearly fee which can be negotiated.
- Do develop a rapport with your sponsor so that he is ready to help you in sorting out any problems you may face along the way with authorities.
2. Select a Free Zone if you wish to own your business 100%
If you are doing that type of business which is suitable for Free-zone, you will have to following advantages:
- 100% ownership
- Speedy startup
- Duty-Free customs boundary.
3. Select a Location that optimizes suitability, convenience, and costs
Select the most suitable location for the business. If you are planning a Free Zone company then you must make the selection based upon the criteria of distance, costs and if it is suitable for your product, business model, and trade requirements. A tenancy contract must be concluded. If you’re aiming to start a small-scale enterprise, then the basic amenities, like telecommunication, storage, and space inside the establishment is the basic concern that must also be satisfied. Other services available in the commercial property can vary greatly.
4. Confirm your Visa eligibility and requirement
For a business startup in the UAE, a visa permitting you and employees to live in UAE is essential to run your business. Visas are allowed for almost all businesses. However, their number varies according to a variety of criteria such as the size of the office, nature of the business, the category of the employee or the investor. If your business startup in Dubai is a local company then you definitely need to work with your sponsor to get your visas – at least the first time.
5 Business visa
Business visa application in Dubai is not very difficult as long as business is good. They encourage all sorts of good business. However, you need to have your sponsor apply a visa for you as the investor of your business startup. Aside from your passport and other legal requirements, a letter is also needed from your sponsor to highlight his or her, or your personal information, the reason for the visa application, and the likes before processing. Subsequently, you may be allowed to apply for the visas of your employees if your sponsor agrees to give you the authority.
6. Hire a registration agent to take you through the process of business startup
Hiring a business consultant firm to register your business is the best option. They actually register the company for you. And will help with opening your bank account, arrange for an auditor, do your renewals and offer you nominee services. In most cases, these firms offer a team of experts to plan out your company registration from scratch — this includes the strategies you need to follow in order to smoothly set up your business, itemizing potential costs, offering licensing and location options, coming up with solutions for potential business hurdles, and so on.