ISO 22000 is the level of standard should be attained dealing with food safety and is developed by Indian Organization for Standardization. The necessity of ISO 22000 is to ensure control over the food safety hazards in order to ensure that food is safe at the time of human consumption. ISO 22000 is an international standard that defines the requirements of a food safety management system covering all sizes of all organizations throughout the food chain.
What are the benefits of ISO 22000?
- Consistent Products – Increased customer trust and satisfaction, in the product, through consistent provision of safe good products. Meeting of applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Cost Efficient – Helps to improve profits in companies.
- Liability – Lower risk of liability.
- Stakeholder Confidence – Improves customer, stakeholder and consumer confidence in products.
- Innovation in Process – It occurs throughout the entire food system, including production, harvesting primary and secondary processing, manufacturing and distribution. The ultimate innovation is a new or improved consumer product and service.
- Accountability – It will help Food producers to be responsible and should discipline themselves to provide safe food to the public.
- Continuous Improvement – It is very essential to maintain continual improvement in products & processes.
The major benefits of Food Safety Management are:
- The Certifications under Food Safety Management Services enable clients to record a systematic method for analyzing food processes, determining the possible hazards, and designating the critical control points.
- Increases the safety of food products.
- Products are accepted all over the world.